Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Saeta going down the highway!!!

May 6, 2008
In the boatyard. Here is Saeta being hauled out. They ran her down a short stretch of public street to get to the back end of the boatyard, so we could have been subject to the Vehicle Code for 100 yards or so. Now we are parked in the yard and are hard at work making her shiny. I have reached the stage in life when bottom paint is applied by others. My lovely wife supports me in this - perhaps because she doesn't like boatyard work a whole lot. Hopefully in a week we'll be back in the water.
Late flash: we are back in the water and have done our second big concert here in town. It went well. Now we are relaxing a little, but we only have 2 more weeks before we start across the Atlantic, so there is no lack of projects. We have to buy all the things that we can imagine needing that would be very expensive in Spain.
Write or call - life is short.
Here's a few of the boatyard locals. Daffy, the dark one, was always frantically hungry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember the last time I did the bottom of my old Coronado 23 the paint was sixty-something a gallon. Tells you how long ago that was!