Thursday, January 28, 2010

Still more of the same, but with some changes

January 28, 2010 Rota, Spain
This is sort of a good news/bad news report. The good news is that I continue to have an artistic success here. Famous artists like Luis el Zambo and Manuel Agujetas are dropping by the boat to visit and sing.

The bad news is that Andrea has gone back to California. If you read the last post, you saw that she wasn't having as much fun as I. She finally decided that she just wasn't happy here and couldn't see things getting much better. She has gone back to CA to regroup and create a life that she finds rewarding. So I remain here, not the cheeriest that I have ever been, but getting along OK. I'm devoting myself more to my writing and guitar to stay busy.

I have decided to sell the boat since this was a venture for the two of us and I have no real desire to sail around alone. I'm going to give it a few weeks and then list it with a broker. It will probably take a long time to sell in the current market and so I will just continue to live here and do what I am doing. If and when it sells, then I will have to decide whether or not to return to the States.

In the meanwhile, I remain here and would enjoys guests for a few days (if you have a wild urge to visit Spain). The emails are the same and I'd love some conversations in English.

2 comments:

Crew of the Solstice said...

So sorry to learn of this major change, but you're right that it isn't all that surprising. Our best wishes go out to both of you.

Unknown said...

Hello Richard,

Our names are Amy and Peter, we live in Berkeley, CA. We knew about you through Greg and Melissa (Hylas 47, Pura Vida), who had commented that you had a Sceptre. I think you all met in the BajaHaHa. We have been following your wonderful blog because of our interest in the Sceptre 41, a boat that we like, -- and learned about flamenco in the mean time! We are very sorry to hear about the change that took place in your lives.
I am writing because we might be interested in buying your Sceptre, if you still have it for sale. If it is convenient to you, my sister and brother in law who live in Marbella and who are sailors, could come to have look at the boat for us.
Please contact us at Peter.vanderLoo@nau.edu
We hope to hear from you soon.
Peter/Amy