Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A palapa in Yelapa


Dec. 5, 2006 Leaving Puerta Vallarta
We are going to find out if there is any truth in the old saying "a palapa in Yelapa beats a condo in Redondo". Here we are approaching Yelapa. We'll stay a night there and then go around Cabo Corrientes to Punta Ipala. Then we'll try Chamela, Tenacatita, and finally Barra Navidad. These anchorages are all a short day trip apart, so there will be time for exploring ashore while still keeping to our schedule moving south. This is a highly regarded cruising zone so we are looking forward to it. It looks like the weather is decently settled if lacking in wind.
We have been amazed at the Christmas preparations we saw in PV. There were carols playing in the supermarket and the condos around the marina are starting to put up their lights. I'm sure that, back in the cold country, you have been listening to carols since turkey day. With the heat and tropical environment, we can't even begin to get into the idea of Christmas. We plan to spend that day in Zihuatanejo and I'm sure by then we'll cook up a little spirit. Don't expect cards from us. We'll send an email.
In PV, I replaced the fishing line that the marlin stole and we are fishing again. I think I'll go check on it.

1 comment:

Rich Halliburton said...

Rich...thanks for the Jpeg of Mi Querencia. I returned mine to you. A shot of the sign from inside the restaurant, looking out across the bay to the Vomit Comet, moored 3km away. I think the photo and I were both blurry by then. two for one.........glad you folks are healthy and safe.